Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme


This is a permanent visa which allow visa holder to stay in Australia for rest of their life. However, this visa is renewable every five year and the visa holder should work in sponsoring employer for at least two year.


This visa has three streams,


  • The Temporary Residence Transition Stream is basically for that employee who work two years and their employer wants to offer them a permanent position.


  • The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by employer through a labor or regional migration agreement.


  • The Direct Entry stream is for those who have competent English and meet other requirements for this visa.

Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Sub Class 482)


The Subclass 482 , referred to as the TSS Visa .  The 482 ​ Visa applicants must be nominated by a business which has been approved as a business sponsor so before you can apply for a TSS visa, your proposed employer will need to lodge a nomination application for you. They will only be able to do this if they are an approved sponsor or have at least lodged an application to become a standard business sponsor. The aim of this visa is to address Temporary Skill shortage while ensuring that Australian workers get priority.

The 482 visa holder can work in Australia  in their nominated occupation listed  in the Short-Term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL) or the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL ) under three streams :

  • The Short – Term  stream , This stream is available if your employer wishes to sponsor you (as an overseas skilled worker) on a temporary basis only in occupations listed on the Short-term Skilled Occupation list (STSOL) for a TSS visa - see lists of eligible skilled occupations. It can be used to fill positions for a maximum of two years or four years if an International Trade Obligation (ITO) applies.​

  • The Medium – Term Stream , This stream is available if your employer wishes to sponsor you (as an overseas skilled worker) for periods of up to four years in occupations listed on the Medium to Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or the Regional Occupation List (ROL) for a TSS visa - see lists of eligible skilled occupations. Medium term 482 visa holders may apply for permanent residency after 3 years on their 482 visa.

  • The Labour Agreement stream. this stream is available if your employer wishes to sponsor you (as an overseas worker) and has entered into a labour agreement with the Department .


To be eligible for this visa  you must  have  the skills  to fill a position nominated by an approved business for an approved occupation on either list : ( STSOL) or ( MLTSSL)  and two years of work experience in the nominated position.

  • You must have  obtain a score of 5 (minimum 4.5 in each test component) in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test if applying under the Short term stream. The minimum in each test component is 5 for Medium term stream applicants.

  •   Your employer must pay you the salary and market rate for the occupation must be above the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT).  TSMIT as at 18 April 2017 is $53,900. . In addition, your Employer must pass a test to determine whether  he is discriminating against the local labour market. Employer also need to make a contribution to the Skilling Australia Fund.

Working Holiday Visa


This visa is for working holiday eligible passport holder who likes to visit and  do specified work in regional Australia. The applicant should be at least 18 years of age and has not turned 31 at the time of application.

Visitor or Tourist Visa


This visa is for people who visit Australia for holidays, recreation, and tourism and to see family and friends.

There are four type of tourist visa 

  • Subclass 600 Visitor Visa

  • Subclass 601 Electronic Travel Authority

  • Subclass 651 eVisitor

  • Subclass 771 Transit Visa 

These visas let the holder to remain in Australia for a specific period of time or until certain event occurs

Family Visas


The Australian family migration stream helps families to reunite with their immediate family members. Family migration stream basically divided into four categories,


Child who born outside Australia to parents who are not Australian citizen do not automatically acquire Australian Citizenship and are not able to get citizenship by decent. Thus, Children born outside Australia to permanents resident parents should need to apply for and be granted a permanent resident visa to be able to enter and live in Australia with their parents.  There are many subclasses of Child Visas,

  • 101 Child (offshore)

  • 102 Adoption

  • 117 Orphan Relative (Offshore)

  • 445 Extended Eligibility-Dependent Child (Temporary)

  • 802 Child (on Shore)

To find out which class of child visa you could apply please contact our office.

Parent. This visa is for those parents who have their child as Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent or eligible New Zealand citizen. This means your child should be lawfully residing in Australia for a considerable period. All the permanent parent visa are subject to balance of family test while the temporary visa could be granted without the balance of family test. There are many categories of parent visas.

  • 103 Parent (permanent)

  • 143 Contributory Parent (Permanent)

  • 173 Contributory Parent (Temporary)

  • 804 Aged Parent (Residence)

  • 864 Contributory Aged parent (Permanent)

  • 884 Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary)

Partner Partners or fiancés of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or  eligible New Zealand citizens may apply to enter or remain in Australia either permanently or temporarily. These people may include:

  • People Intended to get married (fiancés)

  • De facto partners (including those in a same sex relationship)

  • Married Partners.

There are few categories of partner visas,

  • 300 Prospective Marriage (Offshore)

  • 309 Partner (Temporary)

  • 801 Partner (Permanent)

  • 820 Partner (Provisional)

  • 100 Partner (Permanent)

Other Family and relatives could migrate to Australia on other family visa stream such as (Aged dependent relative, remaining relative or carer). There are many basic requirements to be meet before you apply for the visa. These visas are,

  • 114 Aged Dependent Relative

  • 115 Remaining Relative (Offshore)

  • 116 Carer (Offshore)

  • 461 New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary)

  • 835 Remaining Relative (Onshore)

  • 836 Carer (onshore)

  • 838 Aged Dependent Relative (onshore)

Skilled Migration Visa


General Skilled Migration


General skill Migration visas are the point test visa which should be applied online after an invitation form Skillselect. These visas are divided into two categories.

1.    Skill Permanent
2.    Skill Temporary


Skill Permanent visa includes:

1.  189 Skill Independent Visa

Visa Summary
Points based visa for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state or territory or a family member. Certain family member can be included in this application. A visa holder can live and work anywhere in Australia permanently.

How to Apply
For lodging valid application you should first lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect.  EOI could be lodged from anywhere in the world.

To apply for the visa you should meet the following basic requirements

  • You should be invited to apply.

  • Be younger than 50 years of when you received your invitation

  • Should nominate an occupation which matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant occupation list.

  • Must have suitable skill assessment

  • Must have at least competent English

  • Score at least 60 point on the point test

  • Should meet the health and character requirements.

2.   190 Skilled Nominated

For lodging valid application you should first lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect.  EOI could be lodged from anywhere in the world.

Once state or territory sponsored you and meet the basic requirements, you will receive an invitation to apply.

Visa Summary:
Point based visa nominated by a State or Territory. Certain family member could be included in this application. Visa holder can live and work anywhere in Australia permanently.

How to apply:
If you are invited to apply for this visa, you should do so within 60 calendar days. Your invitation letter explains the lodgment process.

Skill Temporary

Skill temporary visa includes subclass 485 & 489 which let you live and work in Australia temporarily.

  • 485 Skilled Graduate

  • 489 Skilled Regional Sponsored 

  • 476 Skilled Recognised Graduate (Temporary)

485 Skill Graduate (Temporary)

This visa lets you live and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies.This visa has two streams:

  • Graduate Work Stream: This visa is for international students who graduate from university with skill and qualification related to the occupation on Skill Occupation List (SOL). This is 18 months long visa and the visa holder will have full working right on this visa.


  • Post Study Work Stream: This visa is for eligible international students who have their first student visa on or after 5th November 2011. This visa can be granted for up to four year.

489 Skilled Regional Sponsored

This is the point based visa which could either be nominated by a state or a territory or sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area in Australia.This visa is valid for four years.  And visa holder must live and work in a specified regional area.


476 Skilled Recognised Graduate(Temporary)

This visa allows international graduates from selected overseas universities to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in occupation in demand in Australia. For further information about this visa please contact our office.

  • KBAGlobal
  • Instagram
  • YouTube

© 2020 by KBA Global Pty Ltd